Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Stuck in R Non admin install screen during installation

rick007
7 - Meteor

Hi,

I am upgrading to the latest version of Alteryx which includes Predictive tools. I am stuck in the R Non admin Install (screenshot attached) for a couple of hours now. Can anyone help?

Do I need to cancel it or just wait for sometime more? 

7 REPLIES 7
Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @rick007,

I don't think it will start working. Check if you don't have antivirus or firewall running. Maybe that is what is stopping you. 

Maybe you can try admin install?

If that is not the case I would suggest start once more and if it will not help contact your IT department. 

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @rick007 

Installation requires good internet to download the required packages.

Hope your internet is good and you are not connected to any VPN. Disable firewalls if possible.

Since nothing hasn't happened for while it's suggestable to restart and make your sure to check your internet.

R- Tools will also give you a admin prompt to install.

I hope you have accepted it.

Hope this helps : )

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @rick007 

If your issue is not fixed. Write a email to

support@alteryx.com

rick007
7 - Meteor

I closed the window and now I can access Alteryx designer. However, am not sure what might not have been installed as i forced stopped the installation. 

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

I feel any software isn't completely installed unless you get the Finish button. 

You can go to Help tab > About to find out the version.

Hope this helps : )

Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @rick007,

Probably if something isn't working correctly you will get some kind of errors sooner or later. In my opinion, installation was completed successfully if you have been able to run the tool.

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @rick007 

Yup I agree with @Emil_Kos  if you are able access predective pallete it must have been installed. Do give that a check. Since you were upgrading to install R-Tools

Labels