Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Struggling with a Join

maryjwitt
6 - Meteoroid

Hello!  I'm trying to complete a very simple join of two string fields and for some reason I CANNOT get it to to work.  The field from the first file is created from a RegEx parse, so in case that was causing any issues, I used the formula tool to complete a new field for joining.  I also used the formula tool in the second file just in case.  I am creating each as a V_String field with a length of 18, and also running through the data cleansing tool to replace nulls in the string fields, and removing whitespace, modifying to uppercase.  This continues to result in 0 records returned.  Any insight would be much appreciated!  C

3 REPLIES 3
Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @maryjwitt 

Your Normalized Oppty ID field has a length of 16 characters, while your Join Header field (on the right side) has a length of 18.

I think you're missing some characters while you're doing your Parsing.

Cheers,

maryjwitt
6 - Meteoroid

Oh my gosh - YES!  It was in the RegEx where I needed to add another 15 characters and not 13.  THANK YOU so very much!

Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@maryjwitt 

Change your REGEX tool (Parsing step) to this:

(006\w{15}) - Instead of 13, to 15.

You'll get 765 records out of your J anchor.

Cheers,

Labels