Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Struggling to edit label and labelgroup text in Interface Designer

HuwHallam
8 - Asteroid

Hi there wonderful Alteryx community! For reasons utterly unknown to me, I'm really struggling to edit label and labelgroup text in the interface designer. I can add labels and labelgroups, move them around...just not edit the text. Is there a trick to it? Is there a user setting I might need to adjust? Something else?

I couple of times I have got it to work but usually there's been a delay and I've not understood what's made it shift to edit mode. I haven't been able to find any info on this, so have no idea if it's affecting others.

Any help HUGELY appreciated!!

3 REPLIES 3
Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @HuwHallam 

Do you mean labels for your Interface Tools?

You change that directly in the tool configuration.

Example:

Text1.PNGText2.PNG

Or if it's the custom labels you click on them and the configuration box appears behind them:

click.png

Cheers,

HuwHallam
8 - Asteroid

Hi Thableaus, thanks for your response!

It's the latter: the custom labels. I just can't get the configuration box to appear. I don't know if I've done something to my settings that can be changed...but clicking, double-clicking, right-clicking on the label - nothing gets me to a place where I can edit it. Is there anyway to access the configuration box through a shortcut key or menu?

HuwHallam
8 - Asteroid

Hi again - I've found the answer. In the view menu I had 'configuration' unchecked. I've checked it and now, surprise surprise, the configuration box opens and I can edit. Hooray!

Labels