Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Structure unstructured data.

ferha_jafri
8 - Asteroid

Hello Experts,

I am facing an issue and not sure whether it is possible in Alteryx, I have multiple files in which the file formats are different. As the number of columns , position of columns so not sure how to align these files. In the sample file I want to load second table from all the excels in which the formats are different , although and have some extra columns also. PFA with the sample files.

5 REPLIES 5
kmedici
8 - Asteroid

Hi @ferha_jafri 

Based on your sample data it's not clear what you're trying to achieve. Can you provide two files:

1) Your start data

2) What you want you start data to look like

This will help us understand what you're trying to achieve and what alteryx functions can be used to do so. 

Cheers
Kris

ferha_jafri
8 - Asteroid

PFA with the desired output, the output should have data one after the other which starts from second tabls whose start line is not fixed also.Not sure how to achieve this.

ferha_jafri
8 - Asteroid

attachment

kmedici
8 - Asteroid

Hi @ferha_jafri 

Great, thanks. And what about your start data?

The files you've provided on the initial questions does not contain some of the data in your desired output. For example, you initial data table includes the columns:

TDParty BLeg

Currency

And your desired output has the following columns (I've put the columns that don't exist in the input data in bold):

TDParty ALegParty BIDSub IDSNPatternCurrencyQuantityCPDPMRPMarDP2

So, how are we getting the new columns?

Cheers

ferha_jafri
8 - Asteroid

In the sample files you have 2 tables I want second table only to be picked from each file, not the first one.

Labels