Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Stripping Out Parts of An HTML Tag

donne4real
6 - Meteoroid

I am new to Alteryx and I need to strip out the values between the HTML tags highlighted below. Please how do I achieve this? 

<div class="ExternalClass1B7B9CE0C22C4465B9B0073DBA0B5549"><p>?This is the information I need.&#160; This will impact the schedule if not resolved timely.</p></div>

4 REPLIES 4
itestu
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi,

I enclosed to my post a one possible solution for your question. 

I have just used 2 tools : the first one to focus on the part of the string we want, and the second one to only take "the information you want". 

Hope this help !

Irene

brandonavants
6 - Meteoroid

This works for me.  However mine is <span id= that finds the end.  It is truncating my answers by a letter though.

<div class="ExternalClass4073D058194541E4A979104E178541E4">NEEDTHIS<span id="ms-rterangecursor-start"></span><span id="ms-rterangecursor-end"></span><br></div>

It will come back as NEEDTHI  

I'm using ([A-Z0-9 :/]+).<span id=

Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @brandonavants 

Try this ([A-Z0-9 :/]+)<span id=

The period before the '<' indicates a character, so that's where you're losing the S.

brandonavants
6 - Meteoroid

OMG This is it!  I owe you a beverage of choice 

Labels