Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Strings are limited in table

SH_94
11 - Bolide

Dear Community,

May i know how can i solve the error below ? Is there any common reason for this error to be appear? 

SH_94_0-1621723738380.png

5 REPLIES 5
chinta
7 - Meteor

Hi @SH_94, I think there isn't any solution to increase the string size limit once you reached 2B character limit. Please check the solution that @KevinP has provided in the following issue. Link to the issue: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/String-size-limitations/td-p/45283 

Hope that helps! Happy Solving!!

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @SH_94 

The limit you're hitting happens because the Table tool converts row and column data into a big string, that can be interpreted by the render tool.  This string, referred to as a snippet, is stored in a single cell and the way you're creating your table all the data seems to be amalgamated into a single snippet.  The 2GB limitation applies to any single string.  If you can group your data in some way in the table tool, perhaps by location or vaccine type, you'll end up creating more snippets with each of them smaller than the 2GB limitation.  

I have to ask why you're using a Table tool in this situation?  The main reason to use the reporting tools is to make the results presentable in some kind of human legible format.  Your output file is almost certainly too large to be scanned by a human eyes, so why not just save the data to a csv or db file?

Dan

SH_94
11 - Bolide

Hi @danilang ,

Thank you so much for the hint to render out in the csv or db. 

Reason i want to render it in the reporting tools is i want to consolidate the different sheet into one file and obviously csv unable to do it.

Can we do it in the db format?

Thanks again for your prompt response.

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @SH_94 

There's no inherent limit on the size of csv files.  You're only limited by the size that the operating system can handle.  In a 32 bit OS this used to be 2GB, but on a modern 64-bit Windows system, the size is now 256 Terabytes.  There may be limit on the size of file that various applications can read, i.e. excel can't load more than 1M rows.

Alteryx .yxdb database files have no predefined limits other than those imposed by the OS, so you should be able store your data there.

Dan

SH_94
11 - Bolide

Hi @danilang ,

Thank you for your prompt response.It is clear now and thanks again for the sharing

Labels