Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

String limit reached error

Sekvid50
6 - Meteoroid

HI All!

I'm running into an issue where i intermittently get this error -

I checked all fields in my workflow and i do not see any fields which are crossing this size limit. Also another interesting thing i noticed is , the first time i open and run this worflow it runs smoothly. However everytime i run the same workflow a second time (no underlying data has changed) then it throws this error. i  then close designer and open this worfklow again and run it and everything works fine

Wondering if anybody else has seen this happen?

7 REPLIES 7
Sekvid50
6 - Meteoroid

the error i get is  'String size limit reached: Strings are limited to 2147483648 bytes'

Also i am not getting this error on a specific tool, seem to be getting this general on the worfklow as soon as i hit run

JagdeeshN
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

Hi @Sekvid50 ,

Can you please share a sample workflow.

Best,

Jagdeesh

Sekvid50
6 - Meteoroid

Apologies. i am unable to share a screenshot or sample worflow since this is on my firm system and i can't post externally.

jrgo
14 - Magnetar

@Sekvid50 

Without more context to your error, it'd be like taking your car into service for engine problems without explaining what the symptoms are 🙂. We understand the need for being discreet, but if you aren't able to share screen shot of your workflow design or explain what the the workflow is doing and the tool the error returns on, I don't think there's much help we can provide.

You may want to create a ticket with Alteryx Support which - I assume - should be covered under an MSA and/or NDA.

Best,

Jimmy

Sekvid50
6 - Meteoroid

Thats fair. Sorry im just super limited due to the fact that im unable to share any screenshots. At this point Im trying to understand  if anybody else faced this issue that i am describing and if  string size is the only reason this error might occur, or if anything related to the size of the data set being processed triggers this?

oracleoftemple
9 - Comet

What type of file (.csv, .xlsx, .yxdb) are you trying to read from in your Input tool?

Sekvid50
6 - Meteoroid

The input tool reads from a sybase IQ database through a ODBC driver

Labels