Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

String being truncated

bbaisil
7 - Meteor

Hi All,

I have CSV file with a column having comments. Part of the comments is getting truncated when I run the workflow. I changed the field length in input tool. But it did not work. Can anyone help me ?

7 REPLIES 7
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@bbaisil 

In addition to increase the length to a large number, you maybe also want to check the delimiter setting.

bbaisil
7 - Meteor

How would I do that ? On what basis and what delimiter?

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@bbaisil can you screenshot your issue ?

ncrlelia
11 - Bolide

Hi @bbaisil,

Are you viewing the comments using a Browse tool? If you are not, try using a Browse tool. Without a Browse tool, long strings in the Results table are usually truncated for viewing.

Cheers,

Lelia

bbaisil
7 - Meteor

Thanks for all the responses and sorry for being late to reply.

Browse tool did not help me either.

I am still facing the issue.

bbaisil
7 - Meteor

Please see the attached screenshot. Wherever there is a redsample.PNG mark, complete information is not available. as in the example record #28, information is cut from 'as thei'

flying008
14 - Magnetar

Hi,@bbaisil 

1- Please add browse tool after your muddle step.

2- Click browse tool , ---> Action ---> New Windows --->New Windows(Selected Records)

3- Double click your field [General Comments:] in record #28, then all content will be show in above table.

4- Then you can see different if your field size enough.

Labels