Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

String Similarity check on names for same record ID

Puranjaysaprax
5 - Atom

I want to run a similarity check on the records which have same RecordID but different names(strings).

A recordID can have 2 or more names and I want to get a similarity score among all the names with same recordID.

3 REPLIES 3
IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @Puranjaysaprax,

I don't know what your dataset looks like so its hard to answer this question. From what you've said this is the set up I think you'll want:

IraWatt_1-1651954684476.png

Essentially you'll need an exact match on Record ID then a Name match on your names. The bottom box will then let you output the score. The final output says which rows matched.

HTH,

Ira

Puranjaysaprax
5 - Atom

Hi @Irawatt, This can be considered as a sample dataset. For Each name with the same record ID, I want to find a String similarity score between them.

Record IDName for Record ID
1001ABC - XYZ
1001ABC - XYK
1001CBC - XYZ
1002XYZABC
1002XYZAC
1003KLMKLM
1003KLMKLW
1003KLM12M
1003KLMKKM
IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Great thanks @Puranjaysaprax,

IraWatt_0-1651956248831.png

So from the workflow I see row 1&2, 6&7 and 6&9 match. Of course you can also reduce the required threshold if you want more matches. Any questions on how this works make sure to ask :)

HTH,

Ira

Labels