Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

String Relationship Comparison

brandoneaves
5 - Atom

Hi Alteryx Community, 

I've combined two input files from different external sources so I can compares two data points to another two data points in the same table to see if the relationship exists. In excel this would be a combination of the concatenation formula and a IF/ISNA/Vlookup. Attached a sample of a data set. I'm trying to mirror the formula in the column named Excel formula in Alteryx but I cannot figure it out. Can someone point me in the right direction. 

1 REPLY 1
DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

I made a guess as to what your original data sources looked like and then used a join tool to bring them together using the individual values for fund name and deal code.

The records that joined have a relationship and those that didn't don't have a relationship, so bringing all the outputs together to represent a full outer join, you can mark those that have a relationship by introducing a new field for those records.

DavidP_0-1595402721827.png

Labels