Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Street geocoder work out of US

abdoul
7 - Meteor

hello,

Happy new year 2020 :))

I have actually one question that i am struggling with. I want to use the street Geocoder tool but it seems i need an add-on for that. Is the any way to find the latitude and longitude in an address without using the Geocoder tool ? 

It should be great to have some help!
Please find attached the type of column that i have.

Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7
JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @abdoul an alternative would be to use Google API which gives you a number of free credits per month this blog  should help you with the setup that you would need.

abdoul
7 - Meteor

Alright thank you @JosephSerpis, i am trying it.
But do you think it will work with some arabic street names (not all records) in the column ?

JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @abdoul the google API should include all the address present on google maps across the globe so you should be fine.

abdoul
7 - Meteor

Hi @JosephSerpis , I checked properly the blog and try to follow it using Google API to have Lat and Lon coordinates. 
But this is the error (please see attached screen shot) that I got while trying to download the data from API. The download data is empty. 

Any idea please ?

JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @abdoul your screen shot shows the API worked ok with the HTTP 200 ok in the download headers and your DownloadData has a This cell has embedded newlines which is to be expected as you are likely to have JSON on multiple lines as a result of the API running successfully.  

abdoul
7 - Meteor

Yes @JosephSerpis  indeed API worked ok with the HTTP 200 is ok. 
But in the Json parse tool result, in the field json_name i got "Error message status" and in the json_valueSting i got "This API project is not authorized to use this API. REQUEST DENIED".
Please see attached screen shot.

Thanks!

JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @abdoul you need to setup your google API to use place once you setup your API to use the google service you want then it should work.

Labels