Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Street address to building/store name

Divi
6 - Meteoroid

I have a bunch of data with just the street addresses. I have to transform these addresses to the exact building/store names. I DO NOT want longitude/latitude values, just the building name.

Is there any tool for this other than the Address tools? How can I proceed further?

For example, My input data is as below;

raw_store
769 DONALD LYNCH BLVD MARLBOROUGH MA 01752 USA
7677 E BROADWAY TUCSON AZ 8571

I want the output to be:

raw_storeclean_Store
769 DONALD LYNCH BLVD MARLBOROUGH MA 01752 USABEST BUY
7677 E BROADWAY TUCSON AZ 8571THE HOME DEPOT

How can I link GOOGLE API for the address lookup? Or is there any other easy way to handle this?

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
AmeliaG
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @Divi,

Thanks for your question! There could be a few different approaches:

1. License Dunn and Bradstreet data from Alteryx - as part of this data package you will have access to a 'Business Match' tool which will use address data in order to link your addresses with the corresponding firmographic data which includes the business name and much more!

2. Build an API connection to pull data from Google. This is a bit more involved, but the steps for making an API connector are outlined in this community article series

Hope this helps!

Amelia

Labels