Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Streamlining Multiple Concat Values

krishnagandhi
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I'm having a frustrating time getting rid of repeat values from my concat columns. I have attached the partial data, the issue i am having is in columns 3-9 i have concat'd the data but i have values in each columns which are repeats. I want to only keep the unique values. I started with 966 row and should end with the same. If you look in the workflow i tried a record id and text to rows with a unique tool, but when i do it which all the columns and try to join them it doesn't work.

krishnagandhi_0-1590784264156.png

Any ideas?

Thanks,

5 REPLIES 5
deviseetharaman
11 - Bolide

Hi @krishnagandhi 

Is it possible to share the workflow that generated this input or the actual input and the expected result. It will become messy if we try to remove duplicate from each column.

RobertOdera
13 - Pulsar

Hi, @krishnagandhi 

Try this.

TRIM(REGEX_Replace([Field Name], '\b(.+),(?=.*\b\1,?)', '')) for the fields that you need to process.

If this works for you, please mark as an acceptable solution and like.

RNO2_0-1590787217465.png

Please see the attachment.

Actually, we addressed a similar scenario at the link below (if it had been tagged as a solution, you may have found it easily).

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Remove-Duplicates-from-Comma-Separated...

krishnagandhi
8 - Asteroid

Thanks, that works perfectly!

RobertOdera
13 - Pulsar

Good to know, @krishnagandhi!

You're most welcome.

TapasDas
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

I am new to Alteryx and landed to this useful thread while trying to find unique values in a particular column separated by comma.

While I used this for my case, I found two unique values are merged and reporting only one value.

Attached example..

Appreciate any help on this.

Labels