Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Strange situation-Workflow fails with windows scheduler, but works manually!

VahidGoli
8 - Asteroid

Hi All,

I have a workflow that is connected to a SharePoint folder. This folder is populated by excel files every morning by using PowerAutomate.

The windows scheduler runs the workflow with no problem, until the time that the new file is added to this folder. The error is :

"Unable to open file for read: C:.......PerformanceDashboardReport_20210501.xlsx - Can't open file: C:.....\PerformanceDashboardReport_20210501.xlsx: Access to the cloud file is denied. (395)"

But when I run it manually, it has no issue.

P.S. I get access to my files in the SharePoint folder by the folder saved on my local laptop. I didn't use any connection tool.

Would you please guide me on what the problem is?

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
RishiK
Alteryx
Alteryx

@VahidGoli it may be the case, that the specific folder is not being synched before the workflow is run.

I came across this article on the Community which may help you also:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Access-to-the-cloud-file-is-denied/td-...

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @VahidGoli ,

as @RishiK says, it might be a sync issue in which the timing is out and it can't find the file, or the file is being written at that particular moment.

Something else to check is the user account used to trigger the windows automation verses the user account when you are running it manually. These may differ as the automation may be using a windows service account which has non-elevated permissions, but when you run it it runs on your local account which does.

Just a thought.

M.

Bulien

VahidGoli
8 - Asteroid

I followed the instructions, and I am waiting for the run to see how it goes. Thanks for your help.

VahidGoli
8 - Asteroid

Thanks for the help. It was the syncing issue, and it was fixed after clicking on "Always keep on this device " as I connect my workflow to the local folder of one drive.

Labels