Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Strange new ( to me ) error message with no tool reference

Archaeopteryx
10 - Fireball

I'm running a simple workflow, simple as in very small, from two different platforms - my local login, and a remote desktop.

I'm running the exact same workflow on both platforms - the exact same, as in, exact copy. 

This error:

Designer x64 The Designer x64 reported: Error running Event #2: Couldn't resolve host name

Occurs on my Remote Desktop, but not on my local login. There is no reference to a tool. The workflow does an API call to an external server but worked fine yesterday. 

I ran the same workflow on my local login id. Works fine. I altered the name of the workflow, copied it back to the remote desktop, ran it, but the same error. Other similar workflows run okay from remote desktop that make similar API calls. 

I appreciate any insight and suggestions to remedy. 

Chris

2 REPLIES 2
Archaeopteryx
10 - Fireball

I'm going to write this off as I somehow corrupted the workflow. I started over and got it working fine. 

CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Sometimes that's the answer. Glad you got it sorted out. 

Labels