Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Strange behavior of interactive chart

Jean-Charles
6 - Meteoroid

Hello,

This is my first try of creating a chart.

I did quite a simple one, charting a stock price history: Date on X axis and Close price which is a Double field on Y axis.

Screenshot_3.jpg

Screenshot_2.jpg

I would expect to have the Close price sorted correctly. To my surprise, it is not sorted.

Screenshot_1.jpg

What do I miss?

I am attaching the package below. Thank you for your help.

Kind regards

2 REPLIES 2
meljaafari
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @Jean-Charles , What version of Alteryx Designer are you using? I just tried your workflow with 2020.2, and even though it showed the wrong result first, as soon as I removed the field Close in the Interactive Chart, and added it again, it worked fine.

If running the same version as mine, I don't see any reason why you'd have a different result.

If running an older version of Designer, can you try to add a data cleanse tool (prior to the interactive chart). The fact null values are within the data may be a reason why it's not giving you the right result. Once data cleanse added, try to remove the field on the interactive chart and add it again.

Cheers,

Mo

Jean-Charles
6 - Meteoroid

Hello, thanks

I am running new version. There is no Null in the Close column.

I tried first to convert the field Close with the function ToNumber and it worked better to plot the new field.

Then I went back to your proposal: remove and add again the Close field: and it worked!

Then I simplified the workflow with a Select tool that simply define Close column as a Double. And it worked as well.

Not really understandable...

Thanks anyway.

Labels