Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Strange behavior of interactive chart

Jean-Charles
6 - Meteoroid

Hello,

This is my first try of creating a chart.

I did quite a simple one, charting a stock price history: Date on X axis and Close price which is a Double field on Y axis.

Screenshot_3.jpg

Screenshot_2.jpg

I would expect to have the Close price sorted correctly. To my surprise, it is not sorted.

Screenshot_1.jpg

What do I miss?

I am attaching the package below. Thank you for your help.

Kind regards

2 REPLIES 2
meljaafari
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @Jean-Charles , What version of Alteryx Designer are you using? I just tried your workflow with 2020.2, and even though it showed the wrong result first, as soon as I removed the field Close in the Interactive Chart, and added it again, it worked fine.

If running the same version as mine, I don't see any reason why you'd have a different result.

If running an older version of Designer, can you try to add a data cleanse tool (prior to the interactive chart). The fact null values are within the data may be a reason why it's not giving you the right result. Once data cleanse added, try to remove the field on the interactive chart and add it again.

Cheers,

Mo

Jean-Charles
6 - Meteoroid

Hello, thanks

I am running new version. There is no Null in the Close column.

I tried first to convert the field Close with the function ToNumber and it worked better to plot the new field.

Then I went back to your proposal: remove and add again the Close field: and it worked!

Then I simplified the workflow with a Select tool that simply define Close column as a Double. And it worked as well.

Not really understandable...

Thanks anyway.

Labels