Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Storing number as text in the table (using the reporting tool)

SH_94
11 - Bolide

Hi Community,

I would like to ask if anyone encounter issue before when using the table tools instead of output data tools to present the final result.

Currently, i had made the workflow and present the final result using the table tools as per screenshot below .However, it appear to be green triangle at the column >360. It is quite weird that it is stored as text for this particular two column only instead of storing it as number. Hence, i would need to manually convert it to number so that excel able to total the figures.

Jcsh_66_0-1617624642405.png

Jcsh_66_1-1617624783358.png

I also try to run the result using the output data tools and the problem does not exist. It seem like something wrong with the table . Among all the lines in the table, i have two cell column which have this issues ( storing the number as text).

May i know if anyone know how to fix this since it only have the issue at column >360.

Let me know if anyone need the workflow as the workflow built is quite complex.

3 REPLIES 3
danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @SH_94 

Can you post any column rules that you might have defined in your table tool?  Do any of these require a string column type?

Dan 

SH_94
11 - Bolide

Hi @danilang ,

As requested, kindly find the screenshot below for your reference. As far as i know i didn't have any column rules and not sure if i accidentally edit some of the table rules or not.

Jcsh_66_0-1617626798730.png

Jcsh_66_1-1617626827134.png

Is the above screenshot is sufficient or what kind of information i would need to provide?

Thank you.

echuong1
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Can you add a Select right before the table? The fields are most likely set to a string format (vstring, string, etc.). Change them to a numeric field type such as Double.

Labels