Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Stored procedure with output value

Cremo
7 - Meteor

Hi Alteryx Community,

I have the need to call a stored procedure from a database, which has 2 parameters: the first one should be inputted, while the second one is an OUTPUT parameter. The stored proc command is therefore the following: EXEC dbo.NameOfProcedure input_param,output_param OUTPUT

I know how to handle the first parameter (dynamic input). Is there a method in alteryx to retrieve the output parameter of a stored procedure and include it inside the workflow? Please consider the fact that I don't have control of the stored procedure on the database side, so I cannot change the content of it.

Thank you in advance for your time.

1 REPLY 1
Undertak
6 - Meteoroid

I'm facing this same problem.  In fact, I have several SQL Server Stored Procedures that each contains an output parameter.  These Stored Procedures do NOT appear in the list of all of the Stored Procedures in the database (all SPs WITHOUT an output parameter DO appear!), so I am unable to select them!

Is this a known bug/limitation of Alteryx's ability to interact with SQL Server, or am I not doing something correctly?

I am trying to do this with a Dynamic Input tool so that I can pass parameters to the SPs.

Labels