Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Store XML as YXDB and then Parse from YXDB

hellyars
13 - Pulsar

Silly question...

I have a batch macro that reads in a few hundred XML files.  The batch macro returns the Root Element and Outer XML. 

For grins, I immediately exported the result as an YXDB file.  I noticed I can then use the YXDB file in a new workflow and parse as if I was bringing in the XML directly.  Is this valid?  If so, it will save a ton of time.  It seems to work.

2 REPLIES 2
CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

ChuckNorris.gif

Hugo
9 - Comet

It's valid - it's basically breaking your workflow up into steps - a very good technique when one part (i.e. the import process) takes a lot of time and you don't want to re-do that each time you run the workflow.

Another thing you may wish to investigate is the 'Cache and Run workflow' functionality. 

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Engine-Works-Blog/Just-take-the-Cache-and-Run-Caching-in-2018-3/ba-...

Labels