Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Stoped converting at a comma. It might be invalid

Lalaiah
8 - Asteroid

Hi Team,

I have one column that has currency in output getting below warning. Could you please help me out .

"USD Amount: 17,576.65 Stopped converting at a comma. It might be invalid"

Lalaiah_0-1619648521422.png

Regards,

Lalaiah

12 REPLIES 12
BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

before the select tool try using a formula tool that says 

Replace([USD Amount], ",", "")

That will remove the comma and allow for you to change the data type to a number. 

T_Willins
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Hi @Lalaiah.

Exactly what @BrandonB said but you will need to use a Multi-Field Formula tool instead of a regular Formula tool to change the field type without changing the field name.

Lalaiah
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

Thank you for your quick response 

. It's working fine but again getting a new warning as 'ConvError: Select (27): USD Amount: "532.38" has too many digits after the decimal and was truncated.'

Lalaiah_0-1619649161848.png

Regards,

Lalaiah

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

are you trying to convert to integer? try converting to double.

Integers are whole numbers only.

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@Lalaiah 
To increase the length, maybe use a Fixed Decimal type?

Qiu_0-1619649763054.png

Lalaiah
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I tried both 

Warnings:

For Double: " ConvError: Select (27): USD Amount: ########### is not a valid number."

For Intgr :  "ConvError: Select (27): USD Amount: 532.38 lost information in translation"

For Fixed Decimal: "ConvError: Select (27): USD Amount: "2513.10" has too many digits after the decimal and was truncated."

Regards

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

What are your options/user settings/localization set up for?

and you can confirm you are selecting the fields in a multi-field tool, using tonumber([_currentfield_]) in the formula and clicking on change type to double?

Lalaiah
8 - Asteroid

Hi Qiu,

Same warning I am receiving.

Lalaiah_0-1619649970260.pngLalaiah_1-1619650005562.png

Even i tried for sie 255.0

Regards,

Lalaiah

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

use the multi-field tool with the options I discussed above. If that doesn't work can you post more numbers? and it may be time for THE REGEX SOLUTION.

Labels