Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Stop The Workflow When there is a Data Error

s_pichaipillai
12 - Quasar

Hello There

I need to stop the workflow further from running when there is a data error in between of tools

I need to check the incoming data for ex. if any column has nulls then don’t process any rows including valid and stop the execution of workflow 

Can you give me suggestion if any workaround?

14 REPLIES 14
s_pichaipillai
12 - Quasar

Thanks Adam

i like this Idea and it worked :-)

s_pichaipillai
12 - Quasar
Hi Marquee i think this was developed on 10.0 Version . i will check this too thanks for your suggestion 
AndyC
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Great tip!

Andy Cooper
Senior Solutions Engineer - EMEA
Alteryx
jdunkerley79
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

This was why I started looking at custom dot net tools to make exactly this one.

Made a 'CircuitBreaker' which if anything is received on breaker input does not pass down records otherwise passes the input straight through!

FWIW: https://github.com/jdunkerley/AlteryxAddIns/blob/master/AlteryxAddIns/CircuitBreakerTool.cs

Skylarhaws
6 - Meteoroid

I know this is an older post, but I wanted to add this for future reference to any who come across this post. So it appears that the logic of this tool is that it will pass through the data until it errors out and then will no longer pass through any more records, but this will pass through all records prior to the error.

Labels