Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Stop Input if no data is present

AustinRiggs94
8 - Asteroid

Hey All,

I am developing a workflow that will be used by multiple teams. Some of these teams might have 1 input while others might have up to 5. Currently the workflow is setup with 5 inputs that are unioned. Is there anyway to stop an input from continuing if no data is present? Trying to make this as universal and malleable as i can, thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
yalmar_m
11 - Bolide

Hi @AustinRiggs94,

Is the data in the same format? You might want to create a batch macro to input the data (or even use the directory input).

The other option is to error the workflow if the input is empty.

Best,

Yalmar

afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

There is sure an easier way to configure this.

But here comes my solution

AustinRiggs94
8 - Asteroid

Yes all same format, i didn't even think about creating a batch macro? I am assuming it would still work even though amount of inputs will change?

yalmar_m
11 - Bolide

@AustinRiggs94 The directory imput could even be better, and quicker as well. Is all data in the same folder?

AustinRiggs94
8 - Asteroid

More than likely will be missing (if they remember to delete the other inputs within their file). Other teams will be uploading their own input (same format as everyone else, just different data). The teams input can range from 1-5 inputs. 

yalmar_m
11 - Bolide

Normally I'd advise you to use the directory input to get the paths to all files that have to be input into the workflow.

These can be input afterwards using the dynamic input tool. 

Please contact me for further information.

Best,

Yalmar

Labels