Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Standard macro not running

Danny-Farrar
8 - Asteroid

Hi, I have a standard macro that I've used in previous workflows (this is just a copy I've made). I've updated everything to get it to work with the new workflow but it's simply not running. It's a 3 input render essentially. The data passes to the macro fine and I don't get any errors but it just won't perform the render.

I'm completely baffled by this and wondered if anyone had come across similar and could share a solution?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Have you taken a look inside the macro at what the outputs are pointing at? I would be curious to see if they are set to write to possibly a different directory or if they are dynamically generating a file path as part of the process and maybe this is why they are pointing elsewhere. 

messi007
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@Danny-Farrar,

Could you share a sample data with the macro. It will help us to find the problem 🙂

Regards, 

Danny-Farrar
8 - Asteroid

Thanks both for reaching out! I wasn't able to share an example as the workflow and macro themselves are pretty huge but I figured out what was happening.

There was an error within the macro that I hadn't been catching. I believe that because it was an internal error (rather than something like incoming data not matching mapping) it was just not running the macro. 

Labels