Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Standard Macro creation

Deba93
8 - Asteroid

Hi everyone,

Facing a weird issue. I want to build a standard macro for my workflow, so that it can be used in other workflows as well. The data that would enter the macro input is coming through after several modification to the data. So what would be my ideal macro input be while creating the macro only. Sharing some screenshot.

This is where my macro would be included after the "Filter Tool"

Deba93_0-1627019169465.png

And this is the macro that I am building but not able to understand what the input should be:

Deba93_1-1627019286272.png

Thanks in Advance

3 REPLIES 3
Elias_Nordlinder
11 - Bolide

Never mind, I miss-read the question, I will come up with an answer later today 🙂

tferenc007
7 - Meteor

Hi Deba93

Could you share a configuration of the Macro Input?

I guess you didn't configure the Template Input (it's required). The best way is put there similar columns (but not mandatory) as will be entered to the macro

tferenc007_0-1627020693600.png

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Deba93 

Guessing you are getting the below error. This is because you haven't provided the data template. Macro needs a sample of your data so that it knows how the data & columns looks like so that it can apply operations.

atcodedog05_0-1627021302670.png

Best way is to write the data to a file from your main workflow from the point where you want to insert macro. In this scenario guessing you want to insert after filter tool.

atcodedog05_1-1627021413745.png

Now in your macro for the macro input tool upload it as template like below.

atcodedog05_2-1627021503681.png

Hope this helps : )

Labels