Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.
Alteryx is here to help you solve your biggest data challenges. Read about the new Virtual Solution Center here.

Stacked bar charts

Highlighted
8 - Asteroid

how to create stacked bar charts in 2018 version of alteryx designer

Highlighted
Alteryx Certified Partner

@Nandy - Attached workflow leverages Alteryx's Interactive Chart tool to create a stacked bar. Let us know if this helps.

Highlighted
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Nandy 

Depending on which 2018 version you have, the Interactive Chart may not be available. If it's not in your version, you'll have to use the Charting tool on the Reporting Palette.  Here's the basic configuration.

c.png

Note that a vertical bar chart is called a stacked column.  With no grouping applied, the first field of your record set becomes the x axis.  Add a series for each bar that you want to stack

Dan

Highlighted
8 - Asteroid

HI Dan,

i have got interactive chart but dont know to configure them for a stacked vertical bar chart. From where you got the below in ur message.

Thanks,

Nan

Nandy_0-1585044498914.png

Highlighted
8 - Asteroid

Hi Abilasha.

i downloaded your package but couldn't open , because my version doesn't  support the package .

Thanks,

Nan

17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Nandy 

Stacked bar isn't available in early versions of the Interactive chart.   To get the Charting Tool, right click on the reporting palette and select Show Deprecated Tools

dep.png

Dan

Highlighted
Alteryx Certified Partner

@Nandy - I completely missed your point about using version 2018, my apologies! The solution I previous shared was built using version 2019.4 which makes life easy to create stacked bar using Interactive tool.

For version 2018, you will need to use the (now deprecated but still available) charting tool from the Reporting tool palette as @danilang suggested.

The tool will look something like this once you enable the deprecated tools (this is from version 2018.4)

Capture.PNG

Labels