Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Splitting words and number

SH_94
11 - Bolide

Hi Community,

May i know how can i split the data below to the result as per screenshot below ?

Jacob_94_0-1615281394870.png

6 REPLIES 6
Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @SH_94,

I have created a solution for you:

Emil_Kos_0-1615282042483.png

The first column is created by keeping only digits and the second one removes digits and the first space. 

The output:

Emil_Kos_1-1615282083796.png

SH_94
11 - Bolide

Hi @Emil_Kos ,

Thank you for the workflow provided. I would like to clarify with you on the following formula and appreciate if you can explain on how we can use the formula below easily.

1. \d+

2.\s

3. May i know what is the difference if we tick or not tick the case insensitive?

4. What is the tokenise mean in this case?Can you give example on how we use the parse function ?

Jacob_94_0-1616085040617.png

Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @SH_94,

I am bad with Regex but let me try 🙂

\ this sign is an escape character. Some of the letters have special functions like d is digit but for the computer to know that you need to use escape character first. If you will not do that he will not interpret your actions correctly.

\d - is information for computer that it is a digit 

+ sign is information that can occur once or more

\s this is space

Tokenize is text to columns

Case insensitive will not have any impact here are we don't use letters. My assumption is case insensitive is about big and small letters but as I said I am a beginner regarding the regex 😀

SH_94
11 - Bolide

Hi @Emil_Kos ,

Thank a lot for the sharing. It really helps a lot to me as i don't know how to use REGEX.

Appreciate it.

SH_94
11 - Bolide

Hi @Emil_Kos ,

I just tried the workflow that you provided and would like to ask how about if i want to split the text below 

1. CDG0 (column 1)    Result  = CDG (column 1) and 0(column 2)

2. AEG0 (column 1)    Result  = AEG (column 1) and 0(column 2)

How should i build the workflow in this case?

Thank you for your help.

Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @SH_94,

Please see the workflow attached. 

One is using regex second one is using a data cleansing tool. Both of them will work for you. 

Emil_Kos_0-1616090276033.png

Labels