Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Splitting a Sentence by just adding a punctuation in the same field

ben_d_jacob
7 - Meteor

I have this entire column where the list is of a location in the format -  Bombay IN. I'd like to change it to Bombay, IN.

is there any way to do this?

Your help would be great. I'm just a beginner so, in case this sounds stupid...Please do forgive.

14 REPLIES 14
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

_

ben_d_jacob
7 - Meteor

So, I did solve my problem but not in the easiest manner possible.

I took the output to excel and just took the column I needed to change. Removed Duplicates and edited the contents in it (sort of creating a legend technique) then saved it as a file...used the find replace tool in alteryx and then just replaced those with the previous one.

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @ben_d_jacob 

Oh ok my above suggested method didnt work as expected ? It would be a easier workaround.

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Guess it did 🙂

Happy to help 🙂 @ben_d_jacob 

Cheers and Happy Analyzing 😀

Feel free to reach out if you face any issues 🙂

ben_d_jacob
7 - Meteor

No it did not because on further investigation on my dataset..i realised that the column is not consistent at all...

so we have Bombay IN,

IN Bombay

Bombay city

and so on...so basically, it's my fault for not properly reviewing the dataset before posting my question.

But the good news is, I got to learn all these techniques right now which I was completely unaware of.

Labels