Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Splitting Output based on value in column

GHaines
6 - Meteoroid

Hello,

I have been given this workflow that I need to improve to spit out all of the outputs in one file based on the AFE column value. Currently, the workflow is summing all values together and presenting one total at the bottom of the output. My goal is to pair the output header for each AFE with an individual table for each AFE. I have been having a hard time with getting the workflow to sum based on the AFE number, as well as splitting it into the outputs in the order that I want. I have attached some sample data to my workflow to visualize what I am describing. Thanks for the help!

5 REPLIES 5
mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @GHaines ,

You probably want to batch each AFE number into a batch and create the tables before putting them together.

I've created a batch macro which does this and outputs the following:

mceleavey_0-1638479428540.png

I hope this helps.

M.

Bulien

afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @GHaines ,

are you looking for something like this?

Regards

GHaines
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Mceleavey.

This is a big help. Thanks for looking into this for me.

GHaines
6 - Meteoroid

Hi @afv2688,

Thanks for the help, this community always impresses me when I can't find a solution.

I don't want to bother you, but do you think you could help me subtotal the amount column for each AFE in the output? 

Thanks again!

afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

No worries @GHaines ,

here you go 🙂

Regards

Labels