Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Splitting Data by Date range

AndrGVR
5 - Atom

Hello everyone!

This might be really simple but I'm unable to solve it. I have a workflow where I need to Split the rows and group them by Month. The initial data looks like this:

AndrGVR_1-1614010695340.png

And I would like to make it look like this:

AndrGVR_2-1614010743445.png

I have managed somehow to do this using Basic table and Render to export it in excel but I need to do it somehow without using basic table(as after this I need to edit the data again using Preparation and Join Tools. Is there any way to do it?

Thank you for the assistance!

2 REPLIES 2
ImadZidan
12 - Quasar

Hello @AndrGVR ,

I gave it a whirl. The data is not exactly the same as your . However the logic is there and should give you an idea.

Hope you find it helpful.

SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@ImadZidan 's solution is a good way to force the data set if you're pushing out to CSV.

If you want this to remain in Alteryx - you can just create a month field (YYYYMM) and then use this in many of the tools to do grouping - for example, the basic table tool can use a grouping field.

Labels