Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Split the rows and columns as mentioned below and also append the text.

Mohd-Siddiqui1
8 - Asteroid

Hi there,

Could anyone help me to implement a workflow which takes below input and produce certain output which is also mentioned below. 

Input:-

RecordID

Value

1. Abcdef

This is first dummy text line

this is second dummy text line.

This is third dummy text line.

2. Xyz 

This is first dummy introduction line,

this is second dummy introduction line

this is third dummy introduction line

this is fourth dummy introduction line.

3. Pqrst

This is dummy text line

this is another dummy text line.

Output required:-

RecordID

Value1

Value2

1. Abcdef

This is first dummy text line this is second dummy text line. This is third dummy text line.

2. Xyz 

This is first dummy introduction line, this is second dummy introduction line this is third dummy introduction line this is fourth dummy introduction line.

3. Pqrst

This is dummy text line this is another dummy text line.

4 REPLIES 4
Sebastiaandb
12 - Quasar

Hi @Mohd-Siddiqui1 ,

Here you go!

Sebastiaandb_0-1637850647403.png

Let me know if this works for you!

Greetings,

Seb

Christina_H
14 - Magnetar

Here you go.  I added some numbers to one row of your data to make sure I was correctly picking up numbers from the start of a row only.  I've used that to identify the start of each group and the row to separate from the group - it won't work if there are other rows that start with numbers, you would need a different way to identify the right ones.

Christina_H_0-1637850622268.png

Mohd-Siddiqui1
8 - Asteroid

Hi @Sebastiaandb,

Thanks for your quick response.

Could you please provide the workflow in .yxmd extension, as I am facing problem in opening .yxzp file.

From the image I could see IsInteger(Left([Value], 1)) in formula tool, where 1 is the length (i guess), but what if the length of integer is more for e.g. :-  17. Abcdefghi

Thanks

Sebastiaandb
12 - Quasar

Hi @Mohd-Siddiqui1 !

Here you go!

It doesn't matter. All the function does is check whether the first character is a number or not :-)! If so, it takes the value for the flag field. All rows after that get the same flag until it finds another row starting with a number value :-).  

Sebastiaandb_0-1637852552265.png

Greetings,

Seb

Labels