Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Split string characters using Text to Column

Dipset
6 - Meteoroid

I am trying to split a character in a column     New Brunswick NJ   into two different columns. I used Text to Column. However, i used the "space" as the delimiter and it separated the text into two columns as    New     Brunswick NJ   I would like the output to read    New Brunswick       NJ   in two separate columns.  Thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3
Ladarthure
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar
Hi would you have some sample of the data, for other lines? With what I see you may use regex to extract this part
Ladarthure
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Here is a workflow attached with the regex solution (can go with up to 3 characters but they must be in uppercase)

I hope it answers your question!

Dipset
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you for your help. I do want to apologize for not providing enough data to support my question. However, i spent some time learning the REGEX tool and i was able to come up with the simple expression that i finally used to solve the question.

Thanks again. 

Labels