Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Split rows into different sheets, please help

salvafdez8
5 - Atom

Hi mates,

i come here because i am truly ofuscated. I can not get the results i want. Please let me expose you my case:

I get an output with all the data in colums, and i want to separate different rows of the data in different tabs, but i do not accomplish it. 

The first sheet should be the same as it is, and then each tab should contains each epigraph "Epigrafe" in the column "Cod Epi" with its respective subepigraphs. Let me put you an example: the tab should contains numbers 10 and 11 (epigraph and subparagraph) and so on.

Furthermore, the name of each tab should be the name of the epigraphs "EFECTIVO, SALDOS EN EFECTIVO EN BANCOS CENTRALES Y OTROS DEPÓSITOS A LA VISTA", then inside it it contains "EFECTIVO, SALDOS EN EFECTIVO EN BANCOS CENTRALES Y OTROS DEPÓSITOS A LA VISTA" and "EFECTIVO, SALDOS EN EFECTIVO EN BANCOS CENTRALES" (B0000).

I am in your hands mates. Please help me.

Thank you for your consideration.

6 REPLIES 6
wdavis
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @salvafdez8

You should be able to do this in the output tool by checking the box in the bottom of the configuration window to 'Take File/Table name from Field' and then selecting 'Change File/Table Name' in the drop down and selecting the relevant field from your data in the final drop down box.

This article should provide more help for you - https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Knowledge-Base/Output-to-multiple-sheets-within-an-Excel-fi...

If you want to try this and see if it works for you, if you are still having an issue, could you also attach a sample of your input excel so that I can test your workflow?

Regards

Will

john_miller9
11 - Bolide

@salvafdez8 

You want to make sure you check the box in the output settings to "Take File/Table Name From Field" and choose your "Cod Epi" field.  See screenshot examples and sample workflow attached.

Split Rows to Sheets2.pngSplit Rows to Sheets1.png

smoskowitz
12 - Quasar

This is doable using the output tool. Look towards the bottom. Let me know if you need help.

Seth

salvafdez8
5 - Atom

Hi Will,

thank you for your quick response. It helped me a lot! 

salvafdez8
5 - Atom

Hi John,

thank you too for your response. I appreciate it a lot. 

Kind regards

salvafdez8
5 - Atom

Hi Seth,

it was exactly that. Thank you too!

Labels