Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Split output in function of column values

lacubata
6 - Meteoroid

Hello all,

I have an excel file with this format:

AB
1XXX
3XXX
XXX
200XXX
205XXX
214XXX
XXX
314XXX
319XXX
332XXX

I want to split the output in function of the values of the A column (1-200, first output; 201-400, second output... until the end). I cannot make the max records per file because i dont have all the values between 1-200.

Is this possible?

6 REPLIES 6
Ladarthure
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Hi,

multiple possibilities here, if you want to output from number 1 to 200 and so on even if there is a file with missing values, or if you want to output in multiple files with 200 rows each.

lacubata
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

I want multiple outputs. With the previous example the outputs should be:

Excel1.xlsx

AB
1XXX
200XXX

Excel1_1.xlsx

AB
205XXX
214XXX

Excel1_2.xlsx

AB
314XXX
319XXX
332XXX

Thank you.

Ladarthure
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Hi, here is an example with both solutions, the upper one is the one you need, the only thing you have to do is in the if function go to a potential maximum.

lacubata
6 - Meteoroid

Hello,

The problem is that my A column goes until 100.000, so filtering manually 200 to 200 is not possible.

Also, in the upper one i see that the values are grouped but i don't know how to split the output in function of that values.

Ladarthure
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Foir the output part, you have to use the second formula tool and use the output file configure it to change the entire file_path so that it generate one file per group.

For the group function, you could use FLOOR([A]/200) which is a lot more dynamic!

lacubata
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you so much!!! It worked perfectly :)

Labels