Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Split different excel sheets into different excel files

Rahul_Analyst
9 - Comet

Hi,

I have an excel file which contains multiple excel sheets. I want to split these excel sheets into individual excel files where each file contains each sheet data. I used a workflow to divide it into multiple files. However, it is not reading the data present inside the sheets. I am certainly missing something. 

I am attaching my sample data and the desired output which I want. Can you all please help me build the workflow ?

Thanks in advance!

10 REPLIES 10
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus
Rahul_Analyst
9 - Comet

@Qiu  and @binuacs , thanks for responding. 

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Duplicating-one-workflow-for-multiple-...

I found this article helpful for getting my outcome in sheets only then union it using dynamic input or can split it creating a path. 

Thanks!

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@Rahul_Analyst 
Thank you for the update and good to know it gets resolved. 😀

jsilavong
8 - Asteroid

Hi @Rahul_Analyst , 

Could you please share your completed workflow. I am having the same need to split an excel file with multiple sheets into separate files with each sheets data. 

Thanks, 

Jonathan

@jsilavong Did you find a solution yet?

jsilavong
8 - Asteroid

@natalia_wysocka12 

Hi, yes i did! thank you. 

ElisaAna
7 - Meteor

Hi there,

I need to do the same thing - split a big excel file of sheets into separate files (by sheet). Sometimes it gets more complicated and I need to group *some* of the sheets together (with no obvious rule) - but that's my next problem!

I was wondering if @Rahul_Analyst or @jsilavong had a completed workflow that does the simple splitting that they can share? I'm quite new here - Not sure if I'm just not finding it! Thanks!

ElisaAna
7 - Meteor

Is there a place where this workflow is that I'm missing?

Labels