Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Split Columns and Rows

YorkWang
5 - Atom

Hi Community,

I've been stuck on this for a while now and really need some help on this issue..

What I need to achieve is to split the column/row 3 into 3A, 3B, 3C, this will be achieved by multiplying the beginning value by an proportion presented in the index table..

So basically, we have the first two tables - need to get the third table(FINAL), this is just an example, split 3 into 3A, 3B and 3C, if there are 10 or even 100 this split, how to make this dynamically? 

My two major questions: 1. How to transfer the value in the beginning table into the final table?

2. we need to process the yellow values both horizontally and vertically. My thinking is using multi-filed formula processing vertically and using transpose, filter and simple formula to process horizontally. But my method is still too manual, when doing the multi-field, we still need to attach the value from beginning to the index or vice versa...

YorkWang_1-1633393612314.png

it there are many of this split, i don't think my workflow would work.

Hopefully I am making sense.. Thank you !!!

YorkWang_0-1633393271028.png

1 REPLY 1
DawnDuong
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

hi @YorkWang 

In this case, I would recommend that you transpose your data into a "flatter" file, by reducing the dimensionality from 2 to 1.

Then it becomes quite straightforward manipulation that involves Generate Input Tool before you apply the Join Tool to generate the final table.

I attached here a sample workflow.

Dawn.

Labels