Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Spline Model - No Coefficients

joacoachinelli
6 - Meteoroid

Hi everyone!

I was wondering if someone could help me with this "error" I´m getting on my Spline Model.

The fact is that despite using more than 15 variables, I get NO COEFFICIENT for NONE of them; just the (Intercept) value:

joacoachinelli_0-1612912506826.png

Does anyone know why this could be happening?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
ChiN
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

hi @joacoachinelli ,

I tried to mimic a quick example on my end with default configuration and it does show coefficients for other variables.

ChiN_0-1612918280460.png

Could you try with only few variables? it may be possible that some of variables didn't have the values or require some clean up before feeding into the model. Also, have you edited configurations under "Model customization" tab or left it on default?

Looking forward hearing from you.

Chi

joacoachinelli
6 - Meteoroid

Hi @ChiN

Thank you for answering my question. According to your suggestions, I tried in my model:

- Placing a Data Cleansing tool before the Sample & Spline tools.

- Using fewer Variables

- Did not edit anything on "Model Customization"

I got anyway the exactly same result:

joacoachinelli_0-1612960062403.png

I still can´t understand where I am doing something wrong...

I have in total 21 records, from which I take with a Sample tool an 80% for evaluation and the other 20% for Validation. Could that be the problem? Few records?

Thanks again! 

ChiN
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @joacoachinelli ,

I added "Create samples" tool and it works fine. My data size is over 50k. 

ChiN_0-1612976705557.png

I think you are on the right path, the issue may be related to your data like maybe there are some missing values, the records may be too small like below 100, or hidden munchkins ;). Maybe you want to look at those and/or book VSC with one of our solution engineers who can support you. link: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Virtual-Solution-Center/tkb-p/vsc

Labels