Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.
Check out our powerful new search update! You can read more here. Please let us know if you have any feedback by creating a topic here.

Specifying sheet Order when using Output Data

Highlighted
Meteor

Hello,

I have a workflow which has about 15 sheets being created and I would like 1 of the sheets to be the first sheet once the Workflow is opened. I've tried using the block until done tool using the 1st anchor, but this won't work.

Currently the sheet that I would like to be first is actually last. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thank you for any assistance.

Highlighted
Pulsar

If you use the Output Data tool to create new sheets, it will always add them to the end. You can't specify the order, unless the sheets are already created and you're just overwriting them, then the order will be the same.

The way to do what you want is to use the report tools and render output to excel file. With this you can control the order of the sheets. However, this method can not be used to append to an existing file as Render will overwrite the entire file. If you choose this option and you have an existing file, you'll have to read in all the existing sheets, order them the way you want, add your new sheets and then write the whole lot back with the render tool.

Using the reporting tools takes a bit of figuring out initially, but once you get the hang of it, it can be pretty powerful.

Labels