Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Specification PCXML

BigBart81
6 - Meteoroid

Is there a specification of PCXML?

10 REPLIES 10
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @BigBart81 

can you be more elaborate on what you are looking for.

BigBart81
6 - Meteoroid

Hi @

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @BigBart81 

I've never been able to find a reference for Alteryx's PCXML.  @CharlieS is person that I know with the most PCXML experience, so maybe he can point you in the right direction

Dan 

CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

If there's documentation, I haven't found it either. As a Hail Mary play, we could ask @AdamR_AYX if he has anything to add. 

All of my work with PCXML/Composer has been entirely based on copy-paste-programming. I'll build/modify code with Formula tools and use the Report Text tools in Expert mode to build it back into PCXML. 

Maybe if there's a specific task you're stuck on, share it and we'll see what we can do to help. 

BigBart81
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Everyone

Thanks all for your help. At the moment I don't have a specific problem. I just wanted to do some research first. But it looks like there is no specification at all and I will do some reverse engineering.

BigBart81
6 - Meteoroid

Hi @CharlieS, @danilang, everyone

I created a small repository to document any knowledge about PCXML. Don't know if anyone ist interested, but any support would be welcome. I try to update any new knowledge I create while working with pcxml.

DawnDuong
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Hi @BigBart81 

Did you manage to get started with the PCXML repository? I cannot seem to find anything on PCXML documentation on Alteryx Help and from the various replies here that does not exist in Alteryx Help >.< 

I am trying to figure out if we can do padding, border formatting etc. with the Expert mode.

Dawn.

ChrisWaspe
9 - Comet

Hi All. Apologies @BigBart81 for high jacking your discussion slightly but this may help. @CharlieS I am trying to created formatted excel reports with a contents page with hyperlinks to each of the tabs. I have created a process which uses the inbuilt web hyperlink functionality of the Report Text Tool to create the hyperlink node in the underlying excel xml. I have then used a combination of Run Command Tools and other tools to change the file type of the file to .zip, unzip this file, find the appropriate sheet, edit the underlying xml hyperlink child node and then save and recreate the excel file. This process works in theory but currently 'breaks' the excel file. It would be much easier to create the hyperlink child node using the Expert mode of the Report Text tool. I wonder if you could possibly assist with something like this?

andyrea83
5 - Atom

hi everyone, on the topic of pcxml does anyone know how i can change the table format to be in millions for example i want 1200000 to show as 1.2, when I output to excel....but i dont want to divide by 1,000,000 and lose the detail

anyone have any success with this?

thanks

Andy

Labels