Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Specific order of rows

Meteor
8 - Asteroid

Hi all,

Can anyone please help me in getting this particular order of rows?

Source image has been attached.Source imageSource image

Below is the needed result,

Result imageResult image

5 REPLIES 5
DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

I would suggest creating a Row ID field to assign a row number based on the [US Filing Group] field (using an if elseif statement) and then sort on Row ID

RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @Meteor ,

you could create a Text Input with two fields ([US Filing Group] and [Order], containing the names in the column and the required sort order as a number), join this by [US Filing Group] to your data on  and sort by [Order]. What do you think?

Best,

Roland

Jonathan-Sherman
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @DavidP,

In a similar fashion to @DavidP I would advise you use a reference table with a RowID and a find and replace tool to append these values before sorting. The reference table would mean you don't need to debug a messy formula if the number of "values" increases further.

Output:

Jonathan-Sherman_0-1590491528018.png

Reference Table:

Jonathan-Sherman_1-1590491547832.png

If this solves your issue please mark the answer as correct, if not let me know! I've attached my workflow for you to download if needed.

Regards,

Jonathan

Meteor
8 - Asteroid

This worked really well. Thank you all for your help

Piotr_O
5 - Atom

Thank you Jonathan-Sherman, your solution came in handy.

Regards,

Piotr

Labels