Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Specific GL Series Number Selected in Alteryx

SH_94
11 - Bolide

Hi Community,

Currently in my data set, there are plenty of GL account number , for instance, 40001, 46002, 10003,72400,90201, 29000 and 28148.

I want to filter only 4 series , let said for this examples , only these two gl 40001, 46002 are applicable. In excel, i would just need to put the formula 4* in the filtering function.

May i know how i able to perform the same in Alteryx?

15 REPLIES 15
SH_94
11 - Bolide

Hi @Mot,

Thank you for your explanation on question 2.

For question 1, may i know how can i change or update the amount using the numeric functions? I tried to change it by changing the format to double as per screenshot and it give me different result. Do you have any idea on how can i fix it?

If i use Input Data , will it give me different result instead of Text Input? means give me the result as per original data

Jacob_94_1-1615138230125.png

mot
11 - Bolide

Hi @SH_94 ,

I have attached the updated workflow. I hope this helps. Best.

SH_94
11 - Bolide

Hi Mot,

The result still showing as per the previous workflow whereby most of the amount become positive value.

Jacob_94_0-1615139969497.png

mot
11 - Bolide

Hi @SH_94 ,

Could you check now? Best.

SH_94
11 - Bolide

Hi @ Mot,

Thank you for your prompt response.

It is working now . Thanks again for your help. Could you please explain what are the things that i need to amend because i see no different between this workflow and previous workflow.

Secondly, i would like to know why we need to build these four formula as shown as below. Could you briefly explain the concept behind on this so that i can modify in the future if certain criteria need to be fix.

Jacob_94_0-1615140584433.png

mot
11 - Bolide

Hi @SH_94 ,

These formulas are used to transform the Amount field from string to numeric type. This may be important if you're going to do any numeric calculations in the future. However, if you're not planning to do any summation or subtraction, you may not need these formulas. I hope this helps. Best.

Labels