Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Specific GL Series Number Selected in Alteryx

SH_94
11 - Bolide

Hi Community,

Currently in my data set, there are plenty of GL account number , for instance, 40001, 46002, 10003,72400,90201, 29000 and 28148.

I want to filter only 4 series , let said for this examples , only these two gl 40001, 46002 are applicable. In excel, i would just need to put the formula 4* in the filtering function.

May i know how i able to perform the same in Alteryx?

15 REPLIES 15
mot
11 - Bolide

Hi @SH_94 ,

You can use Filter tool and write the following statement: StartsWith([FIELD NAME], "4"). I hope this helps. Best.

SH_94
11 - Bolide

Hi @Mot 

Thank you for your time.

Currently, i would like to filter 4 series GL account as shown in the screenshot . After that I want to filter invoice (related with 4 series) to obtain the opposite GL account.

Basically the whole idea is i want to obtain the full double entries that revenue invoice related. Not sure if i explain it clearly or not.

Do you have any idea how to build this kind of workflow?

Jacob_94_0-1615131107155.png

mot
11 - Bolide

Hi @SH_94 ,

Could you share sample input data and final desired output in excel? It would make it easier to help you in this case, Best.

SH_94
11 - Bolide

Hi Mot,

As requested, kindly find the table attached below for your reference.

mot
11 - Bolide

Hi @SH_94 ,

I am not sure I see the logic you mentioned in the first message in the results wanted. Results wanted looks like a subset of Data A. Could you be more specific? What is the criteria required? Best.

SH_94
11 - Bolide

Hi @ Mot,

Yes. It is subset of Data A. However, it would need to fulfill the following criteria:

1. Filter only those begin with 4 series.

2. After that for all the invoice (tagging under 4 series) ,i want to find other GL account which have the same invoice number with the 4 series.

I not sure how to build this workflow to cover these two criteria.

Thank you.

mot
11 - Bolide

Hi @SH_94 ,

Thank you for the clarification. I hope this workflow answers your question:

mot_0-1615136795372.png

See attached. Best.

SH_94
11 - Bolide

Hi @ Mot,

Thank you for your prompt response.

I have two question after reading through the workflow as follow:

1. The amount of the value (result) have changed as shown in the screenshot below. May i know how can we get the amount as per  original data.

Jacob_94_0-1615137313995.png

2. May i know what is the concept that we use this functions in this case as shown in the screenshot below.

Jacob_94_1-1615137368342.png

Thank you

mot
11 - Bolide

Hi @SH_94 ,

For 2, when I used text input tool to get the data in, Alteryx turned Account field to numeric data. I used select tool to bring it back to string. For 1, current amount data is string. You could transform it to numeric data if you would like to apply some numeric functions later on.

I hope this helps. Best.

Labels