Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Spatial match - underlying counties

summarizer
9 - Comet

Hi all.  I have a home zip code for a salesman (green diamond).  I have created a trade area for about 60 miles (green circle in photo).  I am looking to show all of the counties within or touching that trade area.  When using the spatial match tool, I'm only getting a result for the county that touches or is within that home zip code (dark red).  There has to be a way to get all the counties in the remaining area - like these yellow circles - but I haven't figured it out yet, so looking for help :-)

counties.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @summarizer 

I'd recommend you to try the option "Target Intersects Universe" in the Spatial Match Tool.

I'm guessing this is what you're looking for, by the picture you posted.

Cheers,

summarizer
9 - Comet

I have tried variations of all of the types.  Using the allocate input tool with counties, the spatial match tool is considering my home zip the area, not the green radius.

Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@summarizer 

As far as I understood your problem, your target is the Trade Area Spatial Object created by the green object.

Universe should consist of Polygons (spatial objects) represented by the counties.

Then the M anchor (output) should bring you all the records (counties) that have some part of their areas shared with your Trade Area.

Provide us a sample of your workflow (or data) and then we could have a better idea of what the issue could be.

Cheers,

summarizer
9 - Comet

Your comment made me look back at my choices and it was staring me in the face.  I was using the wrong spatial object field.  Once I chose the "trade area", problem solved.  Thank you for your assistance!

spatial 2.jpg

Labels