Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Spatial Match Tool

DenisZ
11 - Bolide

Im trying to learn the spatial tool. I have some points where I have created a 5 mile radius, and some points that I want to see if they are within the radius of the first file. However, it appears that it does not match and I'm unsure of what the issue is. Im trying to use the spatial match tool, but obviously im doing something wrong. 

2 REPLIES 2
DataNath
17 - Castor

@DenisZ this looks right to me. I've just done a quick test by bringing everything onto a single map and, though it looks like there's a load of points that fall into these, if we zoom in we can see that when we get closer, they're just outside:

DataNath_0-1667202201465.pngDataNath_1-1667202230272.pngDataNath_2-1667202255949.png

DataNath_3-1667202280538.png

So the 2 match results look to be correct!

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

@DenisZ , As per the workflow shared it is giving you the output with 2 rows. Let me explain what your workflow is doing. It is creating a trade area across each 3 points in file 1 and then picking the records from 2 file which are within the radius of the trade areas for each point. Please let me know the expected output for the sample files so that I can give you an updated workflow. As the current workflow is giving you only those records which fall within 5 mile radius of trade area for each universe.

Sapna Gupta
Labels