Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Spatial Match - Not Recognizing Match Between Polygons (target) and Points (universe)

amandalanganke
6 - Meteoroid

Hi team,

I am trying to identify in which polygon (in a set of polygons target) each of a list of points (universe) is located at, but my match results keep empty. I am wondering whether I am not handling the geography data right (this is my first time using the Spatial Tools in Alteryx :) )

Any insight on why the match output keeps empty?

Thanks in advance!

4 REPLIES 4
DataNath
17 - Castor

Hey @amandalanganke I think you need to check your data here as looks like a quality issue - if we Browse your cluster of polygons, they're in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean:

DataNath_0-1668780352752.png

Whereas your Centroids are all in South America:

DataNath_1-1668780374760.png

So naturally, there'll be no matching here.

JamesCharnley
13 - Pulsar

Hi @amandalanganke 

Adding onto what @DataNath  has said above, it looks like your polygons have reversed lat/long, but I think that's been generated outside this workflow. By reversing the Lat/Long of the centroids, you can match 1796 records, but they're matching in that wrong location (i.e in the ocean).

JamesCharnley_0-1668780770444.png

amandalanganke
6 - Meteoroid

Super thanks! I have downloaded the polygon dataset from an official government website, but guess it not reliable.. 

amandalanganke
6 - Meteoroid

That is already super helpful! Thks a lot

Labels