Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Spatial Mapping

RHOWLETT
7 - Meteor

All - I'm using some spatial data (zip/lon/lat); using the map tool to plot sales by zip code (Longitude/Latitude) on the map of the USA. For some reason it's cutting off Part of California, Oregon and Washington. Any idea why?

RHOWLETT_0-1649890815210.png

Any insight would be appreciated. 

Thanks - Ryan

10 REPLIES 10
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@RHOWLETT 
I think, the Browse Tool show the map in a way like "Zoom extent", every point to be shown with a largest scale.

So I guess there is no sales pont in California, Oregon and Washington?
The Zoom out tool can include them in the map though.

Capture1A.PNGCapture1B.PNG

RHOWLETT
7 - Meteor

Thanks for the knowledge share - That worked

Ryan 

RHOWLETT
7 - Meteor

@Qiu 

This is what it looks like in a Browse window - It doesn't appear I can change the rectangle size, which is what's causing my issue. Plus the map function seems to be cutting off the far western states. Any ideas? 

Thanks in advance, Ryan

RHOWLETT_0-1649899445424.png

jbichachi003
8 - Asteroid

@RHOWLETT

On your Report Map tool, what do the settings under the Expand Extent look like? Increasing the numbers for the expand extent percentage and the minimum width may make a difference. Positive numbers will zoom-out, while negative numbers will zoom-in.

Report Map settings (Expand Extent)Report Map settings (Expand Extent)

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@RHOWLETT 
Please try to adjust the Map size in above snapshot.

@jbichachi003 
Thank you for helping in.

RHOWLETT
7 - Meteor

That worked guys - thanks very much!!!

RHOWLETT
7 - Meteor

@Qiu @jbichachi003  - Hey guys - curious if you know this answer - I'm pulling in two different spatial objects into the map. I would have expected to see both under the layers. So one point is a 'pushpin' the other is a 'square'; both are blue. I'm trying to get the 2nd feed into the map tool to show as a different color. Not sure exactly what I'm doing wrong. Would appreciate any insight you would be willing to share.

Thanks in advance.

RHOWLETT_0-1649975371759.png

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@RHOWLETT 
I can see only one layer in your snap shot, which I believe we should have two for the wo different spatial objects.
Maybe you can check the Sample flow of Report Map to see mor details. 😊

FE.PNG

jbichachi003
8 - Asteroid

@RHOWLETT 

@Qiu is correct.

On the configuration for the Report Map tool, select the "Layers" tab. Once selected, you'll need to tell Alteryx if the base layer you want to see but don't is a point, line, or polygon. Select the plus button (circled in red in @Qiu's previous post) to select the base layer type. If you have multiple connections input into the Report Map tool, highlighting any of the items that pops up after you hit the plus will show the line connection number/name (because maps can get confusing, it's recommended to rename each of the wired/wireless connections). This is how you can select and configure one of your specific inputs.

Labels