Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Spatial - Find Nearest Limitation

LIOUJ
7 - Meteor

Hi Community,

I have a spatial workflow where I am trying to overlay a store's trading area over the Aust Bureau of Statistic Statistical Area 1 (SA1) polygons and then determine which SA1 are within the store's trading zone.

Here is my workflow:

LIOUJ_0-1626146371250.png

This ran successfully and here is my output:

LIOUJ_1-1626146496134.png

As you can see there is a limitation of only 20 SA1 selected within the trading area due to the limitation of the Find Nearest tool configuration which only allows a maximum of 20 nearest point to find (see below in yellow).

LIOUJ_2-1626146623172.png

Does anyone have any idea as to how I could overcome this only 20 nearest points configuration limitation in Find Nearest as there should be about 30 to 40 SA1

Thanks

JL

6 REPLIES 6
apathetichell
18 - Pollux

click on the dropdown box and manually type over the number "20"... That's the limit of the dropdown but you can type somewhere post 100,000,000.

LIOUJ
7 - Meteor

I tried typing in "over 20" but it error out

this is what i entered:

LIOUJ_0-1626148325388.png

This is the error:

LIOUJ_1-1626148348970.png

I've tried 5 times already and it keep defaulting back to "1" and "20 miles".

thanks

JL

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

it's an integer. type in a number - not "over 20"

LIOUJ
7 - Meteor

Oh ok, got it working after entering "100". Thanks!

Ben_H
11 - Bolide

Hi @LIOUJ

Just thought I'd point out you would be better suited using the "Spatial Match" tool instead of find nearest.

This tool will just check whether the spatial objects intersect (there are a few configurations) or not.

By using find nearest you are calculating a number of drivetimes unnecessarily, it also creates the issue where you have to specify the number of results.

Regards,

Ben

tomsen
5 - Atom

so what is the limitation then? It looks like if I put all 9’s in I can get out to 1 shy of a quadrillion. 

Labels