Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Spatial Analytics with Only Address

MM_Chris
8 - Asteroid

Hi there,

I have an upcoming project where a user inputs an address (street, city, state, zip). I was wondering is there a way to find the lat/long within Alteryx using just these parameters?

5 REPLIES 5
neilgallen
12 - Quasar

The Street Geocoder tool in the Address Palette does just this. As long as each is a field in your dataset you'll be good to go.

MM_Chris
8 - Asteroid

Thank you, I was able to figure this out earlier because I wasn't aware we had the Spatial package. I shall leave your answer as the solution for any others who come across this problem.

CarlyArk
5 - Atom

Is there a way to do this without the spacial package?

MM_Chris
8 - Asteroid

Another alternative solution I was given was looking into using a geocoding service. There are a lot out there that offer the service for a fairly low cost. You can use most of the online geocoding services from Alteryx by leveraging the Download tool.

marco_zara
8 - Asteroid

It can be done using the OpenStreetMap shapefiles but it requires a bit of patience, if you're interested I can try to give a rough tutorial.

Labels