Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Spatial -- 117th Congress District Shapes -- How to import arcGIS files into Alteryx

hellyars
13 - Pulsar

Anybody know where you can find 117th Congress polygons for all 50 states?  ...and free?  ...and not 116th. 

UPDATE:

I did not realize the ArcGIS lpk file format was an archive that can be easily unzipped.  Thanks @oly.   File here... 117th Congress lpk file  I also unzipped and re-zipped into a .zip format that I have attached below.

New Problem/Question:

What and how do I bring this into Alteryx?

3 REPLIES 3
oly
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @hellyars ,

you should be able to open 117th Congress polygons  from ArcGis lpk  https://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=f3bd93c389d64813aa7df2f88f51967a

with 7zip https://www.7-zip.org/ 

Best,

Oly

hellyars
13 - Pulsar

@oly  I did not realize the lpk file was an archive. 

I can open with 7zip.  

But, now I have no clue what I am trying to find that I can use.  

Here are a few examples of what is contained in the 3 folders (not all inclusive).

BTW, I am new to spatial objects in Alteryx - trying to teach myself.

hellyars_0-1649096443867.png

hellyars_1-1649096472258.png

hellyars_2-1649096514828.png

oly
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@hellyars ,

Quite some investigation:

1. With Alteryx input tool we point directly to the .gdb folder. When you just import it the spatial object doesn't really show up and it's a little confusing.

2. The spatial areas are too detailed for the browse or map tools to render - I used generalize tool to 1 mile.

See pictures and the workflow attached.

You can apply any addresses to validate in or out of district and other functions. Good luck with your learning of Alteryx and data exploration! 

Labels