Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Source File missing notification from Alteryx

Karthick461
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I am taking more than 300 files into Alteryx from common share folder. Name of the folders are like below

File_india_1

File_india_2

File_india_3..(even more)

File_America_1

File_China_1

File_china_2..(even more)

File_Japan_1,... like wise more files for all locations.

I have predefined 5 locations ( India, America, China, Japan, Mexico ).

How to notify from Alteryx that all locations files are there in the folder or any location files are missing.

11 REPLIES 11
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Karthick461 

Here is how you can do it.

Configure input tool to get filename like below

atcodedog05_0-1642171819597.png

Workflow:

atcodedog05_0-1642172353976.png

Hope this helps : )

csmith11
11 - Bolide

Custom messages can be creating using the message tool.

csmith11_0-1642171798545.png

I'll share an example workflow that may give you some different ideas of how to leverage this tool for your use cases.

gabrielvilella
14 - Magnetar

Hi @Karthick461, you can have a workflow that reads in all file names and performs a check agains a reference table, then you'd know if there are any locations missing. You can use the Email tool to send this information. However, if you are looking for a way to trigger a workflow if a file is present or not, you might want to look in this custom tool: https://github.com/bobpeers/Alteryx_SDK_EventTrigger 

Karthick461
8 - Asteroid

Thanks @atcodedog05 

Since I am performing other actions from all the files I am importing, If I change my Output Filename as Field to "FileName Only" , will I still get other columns as regularly? Right..

Also the count records macro you used.. is that applicable for all users?

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Karthick461 

The answer to both your question is Yes. Other columns will come as regularly and count record is an Alteryx pre-existing tool and will be available for all users.

Karthick461
8 - Asteroid

Thanks @csmith11 for your reply. But problem is,we cannot have the axact [Expected Number of Files ] count. it will vary for each location for every month.

If atleast 1 file is there for one location in the folder means , it should consider that file persent

csmith11
11 - Bolide

Just a slight modification, I was able to check if at least 1 value was found in a group, If a group is not found, then that group comes through the R output anchor causing a warning.

csmith11_0-1642430602607.png

Karthick461
8 - Asteroid

Is there anyway we can get this info as Email notification ?

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Karthick461 

It's possible in my method you just need to use reporting and email tool after it.

Workflow:

atcodedog05_0-1642527339297.png

Labels